The CT HMIS CaseWorthy system is back online! Nutmeg Consulting worked with our hosting provider and service has been restored. Details of what happened are now included below.As you know, the CT HMIS platform was unavailable for much
of the day on Tuesday, May 30th (we were back online around 3PM).The course of events are as follows:
The system became unavailable around midnight and we were alerted of the problem at around 8AM on Tuesday morning.
- We contacted the data center who maintains the server where the HMIS data is house and they ran a series of diagnostics with their staff
- We were able to determine that all of our servers were up and running but they just could not communicate with the internet.
- The Data Center provider then started researching the issue on their network and discovered that there was a hardware failure
- This hardware component is in process of being phased out, it unfortunately failed before its date of replacement
- This hardware has now been replaced
- We worked with the data center provider and have moved these systems to ensure that monitoring is now in place so a similar issue does not go unreported for the same length of time.
Our goal is to have the system available and operational at all times. Fortunately, this has been the first unplanned outage in over 2 years, and while that doesn’t minimize the impact that it has on the community and your resources, we appreciate your patience and understanding concerning yesterday’s outage as we worked through identifying and correcting the issue.
CEO, Nutmeg Consulting